Be gentle on your system. Here are some suggestions on what to eat on days 1-5 after your juice cleanse:
Keep it raw.
- Eat raw fruits, raw (or lightly steamed) vegetables (mostly greens), and seeds.
Take it slow.
- Stick to fresh squeezed juice, cucumber, celery, avocado or vegetable broth.
- Continue to hydrate with water and herbal teas.
Light starch, please.
- Now you can add salads (more raw than cooked) and small portions of brown rice or starchy vegetables like sweet potatoes.
Reintroduce lean meats and fish.
- Start with very small portions of animal protein and a salad with seeds.
Now you can eat anything and everything you want in moderation.
- Be careful with the quantities as your eating habits have changed and your stomach size has shrunk, don’t overload it.